Friday, October 21, 2011

Magnolia Singing Tilda

Anita's 11th Birthday October 2011 057

Anita's 11th Birthday October 2011 059

I really enjoyed making this card for my daughters birthday,she loves to sing and my girlfriend Vicki Fraser bought this Magnolia Tilda Singing stamp for me so I could make my darling daughter the perfect birthday card. I paper pieced Singing Tilda to get the dress just the right colour and shaped it to give it a slight curve using my flower tool, before gluing into position.  I chose a designer paper that my wonderful friend Frances from Stamp Owl gave me for Tilda’s dress to match the dress my daughter wears on stage that shimmers and sparkles. I used a purple gel pen and highlighted with Ice Stickles Glitter Glue to finish.I wanted to use some shading behind and used my Spellbinder Circle as a mask to get the white edge effect with my Sponging Block and Colorbox Chalk Ink. Then I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Carnivale to personalise the card and add her age using some new Glitter Cardstock. I wanted an unusual shape card  and placed Tilda looking down from the top of the card like my daughter does when she’s on stage.

Challenges this card qualifies for:

Trish Munro

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I LOVE purple and how you gave Ms Tilda the bling. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular.
Carolyn

Darlene said...

Great job ... love all the sparkle!
Thanks so much for joining our 'Birthday' challenge at The Sisterhood and we hope you'll come join in our next challenge too!
Have a wonderful day ... happy crafting!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
MY BLOG

Julia said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. Hugs, Julia

Shelly said...

Adorable!!! Just love the sparkle!
Shelly

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Trish~
She's totally cute, great color/combo and just a perfect card.....

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card for your daughter, Trish!! I love the sparkles on the pretty dress and you did a fabulous job coloring singing Tilda!! I'm sure your daughter loved this beautiful card! And I hope she has a very happy birthday :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish, we are now followers. Wow what a gorgeous card, we love the glamour and glitz and the image is so cute and so beautifully coloured. Glad we've found you.
Love from
Rachel and Angela
xx

Miranda said...

fab card Trish lovely
(love your doggy too, he looks cute)
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

melania deasy said...

Adorable card, the glitter so sweet, the design fabulous, thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

Anonymous said...

Such a darling tent style creation!! Love the colors and the sparkle on her dress! :) Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Oct GDT

Unknown said...

How lucky your daughter is to receive such a beautiful, personal card made by mom !

Vicki Fraser said...

She turned out perfect Trish and I know your daughter loved it so that makes us all happy :)

Laurel Beard said...

very cute,

Unknown said...

What an adorable card Trish!!!!! Oh I won candy from a lady in the
USA and it has been 3 weeks and I still did not receive it yet. So I am sure that yours should be there soon!!!!! Let me know!!!!

Anita said...

This is so adorable and I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft challenge this week.

Cazza said...

Oh this is fabaroony, I love this singing Tilda and your card is fantastic!
Thanks for playing along in our Girls, Girls, Girls challenge this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

TannyP said...

So much beautiful bling and that image is so perfectly colored and sparkled up that I can hear her singing a little happy birthday tune! Fabulous background for her, too! Thanks so much for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge =)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a darling card. I hope your daughter enjoys it! What wonderful attention to detail! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly. Have fun with our 2nd anniversary blog hop and good luck!

Hugzzz
Tammy xx

If you haven’t seen it yet, I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!