Monday, November 14, 2011

hAnglar stAnglar Christmas Card

In an effort to be prepared for Xmas I made this Christmas card for one of my son’s teachers. I wanted to use non traditional colours and decided on pink and green. I’m in the process of mastering the fine art of colouring using Copics and it’s harder than it looks, I thought I was an expert when I was 8yrs old at colouring ! This is the first time I’ve used this image and it’s kind of weird for us Australian card makers to make wintery Christmas Cards as it’s the hottest time of the year for us ,so the thought of be rugged up makes me hot.. so I popped a butterfly,a park bench and some greenery behind my hAnglar  stAnglar Christmas girl and sat her in her own field of pretty pink  flowers. I’d love to have a white Christmas once in this lifetime and for the meantime I have white flower brads instead of snowflakes to embellish my card and it’s hard to see by this photo I added sparkly glitter on the flowers and the fluffy white sections of her coat and hat and it was just the extra touch this card needed!Cards November 2011 002

Here’s the part that makes, making this card - a little more exciting………

Challenges this qualifies for:

Have a great day and Thanks for stopping by to see me

Trish Munro

12 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute cute Trish~
Love how you coordinated all the colours to match up.... just so perfect....great image, embellies, and papers... One awesome card!

Mandy said...

Hi Trish,
What a fabulous Christmas card I love it.....Must admit it does sound strange having a hot Christmas,and like you with the cold Christmas I would love to experience the hot Christmas in my lifetime,maybe next year we could swap....lol
Mandy x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this - it's such a different Christmas card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Anonymous said...

Aww,i love this,the colours are ace!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week,best of luck!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is such a very pretty card. I so love the pink!
thank you for joining our non-traditional Christmas colors challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

xxxtglxxx said...

I love your colours and papers on this! :) Gorgeous and pretty card.

Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

Love the colors!! what an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Wags n Whiskers. xxx Steph

Jen said...

Super card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Tip Top said...

Great colour scheme! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

downrightcrafty said...

love the layout of this pretty card and such a great choice of non traditional colours, cute image too
Hugs Kate xx

Stef H said...

simply stunning!

hugs :)

F.T said...

So beautiful matching of image, paper background and flowers.

Plastic VIP cards
Plastic Card Printing