I made this extra wide bookmark for my sister as part of her birthday present because she loves to read and loves art. I wanted to create a bookmark in relaxing colours ,but not too busy to distract you from reading your book. I used my Colorbox Chalk inks with my Stamp It Sponging Blocks to create an arty background, a technique I have been trying to perfect for a while and I am so pleased with my morning mist look for my background .The stamp is from Stamp It called Grevillea (an Australian Flower). I added the silky smooth ribbon to contrast with the embossed texture band I placed at the bottom of the bookmark, so it not only looks good but feels good too!
Challenges this qualifies for:
- http://heartsonginspirations.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-23-anything-goes.html Anything Goes
- http://bowsnberries-bosenberries.blogspot.com/2011/10/challenge-13-clean-and-simple.html Clean and Simple
- http://letsinkitup.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-17.html Show us your favourite stamping technique
- http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2011/11/jai-92-just-add-tag-or-bookmark.html Tag or Bookmark
- http://cookingitupwithkatie.blogspot.com/2011/11/cooking-it-up-82-anything-but-card.html Anything but a card
Thanks for visiting my blog