Friday, April 1, 2011

Merry Christmas

I’ve had my Big Shot for a while and decided to work out with the help of my wonderful friend Vicki Fraser and on You Tube we found a video of embossing with Fiskars plates. Luckily I had already purchased a Stampin Up Standard Premium Crease Pad from the wonderful Jane Norrish my Stampin Up demonstrator. We spritzed the background green cardstock first with water and then very slowly ran it through the Big Shot , apparently the water softens the cardstock and makes it more pliable. Later after looking at it for a few hours I decided to sand it back like Tim Holtz does to accentuate the white core. Earlier in the day I also had decided to make my own shimmering glimmering mist in a snowy frost colour. When I work out how to add another tab on my blog for tutorials I will add a recipe, anyway  then I decided it needed to be shimmer spritzed and then I started to be happy with the affect on the embossing. Also earlier in the day when Vicki & I were surfing around You Tube we found a tutorial how to make the pinwheel and decided to open a pack of Xmas designer paper I was given  for Xmas and make it there and then, so I combined the two projects together to make this card.
I am very excited I now have 10 Followers I really do appreciate you all, it’s great to have new like minded friends!


Challenges this card qualifies for:
·         Cooking It Up With Katie - 1E - sparkle, shine, shimmer
·         For Fun Challenges - 3E, C10 – Christmas
·         Secret Crafter - Christmas Themed          
21.03.11 cards 004

13 comments:

Vicki Fraser said...

Wow! Yours is so much fancier than mine (i haven't posted it yet coz I thought it needed something extra and you found that little bit extra!)

Patricia St Martin said...

Very interesting card. I love how you made the design in the middle. We love seeing all your creations at For Fun Challenges and Good Luch on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Helen said...

Beautiful card - the embossing is fab!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful Christmas Creation thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Deb Mitchell said...

This is stunning- what an amazing card Hun!!!

Hugz, Deb

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very Christmassy!

Thanks for joining our "Christmas in Spring" challenge at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining our sparkly challenge at Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Cards By MI said...

Cool card. Love the fun way you have placed the papers. Looks great. Thanks for joining us over at FFC this week.
love n hugs
Marie

Kelly - Peace Love Lacquer said...

This is so elegant. Love that pinwheel!


Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter... Hope to see you again soon!!

~Kelly :)

Ann said...

Such a pretty Christmas card! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

Chris said...

WOW, this is stunning.
thanks for playing with us at Cooking It UP With Katie.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card x
Great design.
Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous, so elegant :)
Hugs
Tracey
x