Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Make and Take with Amanda

Amanda Cordingley a Kaszazz Consultant in Brisbane,Australia demonstrated this tag and these two cards as a make and take at our monthly meeting of Stamping with Friends at Varsity Lakes Community Centre on the Gold Coast.I really enjoyed making these, and it's nice to try new techniques.

On this tag we took a tag made from acetate and added some dimensional magic and a drop of pink and a drop of teal from re-inkers at opposite ends and some rock candy drizzled all over and rubbed away with one finger to mix up the colours and then put a tissue over the top to blot and leave in position to dry. Then we removed excess tissue as only one layer of my tissue stuck down and then trimmed the edge with scissors and adhered a tag of identical proportions to rear to finish. When I got home I decided to turn it into a bookmark so I added the ribbon and used my black stazon ink and my Upsy Daisy stamp to finish it off with my own touch. Fabulous technique I love getting inky fingers! Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 035
Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 037
We also made this card. I took it home to finish as I had to leave class early to take darling daughter who is 10yrs old to a photo shot with the local paper as she is singing the Australian national anthem on ANZAC day (25thApril) on her own to an approximate audience of 10,000. I was supposed to use a strip of green cardstock with trees and cut out some of the foliage part and stick over the top but I grabbed out my markers and just coloured them in instead and used the scrap of green to make another card, as you will see in my last card.
Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 038
Then we made this girly style card it's a design & quick and easy to make using this very cute Kaszazz paper. I ordered a sheet I think it was $1.65 so I will be able to make heaps of cards out of just one sheet of paper.
Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 042
Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 043
TIP: adhere everything to your square panel first then attach it to your card, as it’s easier to centre and align straight!
Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 044
After class I had a strip of stamped trees on green cardstock leftover so I made this when I got home and was all inspired. The button is made from coconut shell and the paper on this card is Kaisercraft. I added some dimensional magic to add some detail to finish.Aristocats & Cards 18.04.2011 041

5 comments:

Susan said...

Great projects Trish, thank you! I really love the girly card! My goodness, your daughter must have nerves of steel to sing in front of that many people! How proud you must be of her! :)

Susan
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your designs are fantastic! :)

Dina said...

Just Beautiful! Hugs! Dina

Kel said...

Gorgeous cards..What fantastic techniques.. It is always fun to get inky fingers and try different things.. They all came out so nice.. Good luck to your daughter with the singing..that sounds like quite the honor!

Susan said...

Thanks for the tip on the self laminated sheets Trish! That would be nice to have rather than having to go to Kinkos and waste time waiting in line!

Susan
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com