Friday, July 13, 2012

Christmas Smoochie Bears

I used this Christmas Smoochie Bears Stamp by Stamp Art Design for my Christmas in July card. I have been dying to use my white  flower soft on a Christmas card and this was the  perfect product to add to the hats to make them look soft and fluffy. I also used my new Memory Box die to give my card some pretty snowflakes and finished off with ribbon with dots. I love this polka dot paper, the dots feel like velvet and add to that warm fuzzy feeling with this card. I’m putting this card aside to give hubby for Christmas as we got married just a few days before Christmas and hopefully he will think this is cute! I paper pieced the jackets and gloves and if you look closely it has faint Christmas running writing through the red designer paper. First I printed onto this image onto White Cardstock and did my colouring in with my Copics and then I decided what paper to use to paper piece with. Xmas card july 2012 001
For the paper piecing I printed off a sheet of my images using copy paper and then stuck  my designer paper down with double sided tape using a 6 x 6 sheet and ran it through my printer again. I did this so I didn’t have any wastage with my designer paper and positioned it exactly so I could use this for another card at a later time and now I have a spare set to fussy cut out when I’m waiting for my daughter at her next singing lesson!
The Mikado Opera July 2012 005_thumb[11]
I’d love you to come and Join our Challenge this week at
Card Crafter’s Circle 31th  Challenge
This weeks theme is CHRISTMAS IN JULY
Our sponsor  is Happileigh Scrappin' and one randomly drawn challenge winner will receive the fabulous selection of Happileigh Scrappin' digital images that our design team at Card Crafter’s Circle created with this week... what a great prize!
I
And we also have another sponsor.... Stamp Art Design by Kathryne and her delightful images are available exclusively at the Whimsy Stamps Store.  We also have a prize for another randomly drawn winner who will receive the selection of images provided that  you see showcased at Card Crafter’s Circle ... another fabulous prize! We are so honoured to have two such  fabulous sponsors this week.... do visit their blogs, won't you?  Say that I sent you!
Swing by and see the great creations showcased by the Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team.
Challenges I’m entering:
  1. Crafty Sentiments - Christmas in July
  2. Delightful sketches-bling and bows
  3. Stamp n plus -Anything Goes
  4. Creative Stamp Friends - Paper piecing
  5. Forever Friends - Christmas in July
  6. Hooked on Craft - Christmas in July
  7. Lollipop Crafts - Christmas in July
  8. Crazy Challenge - Christmas in July
  9. Divas by Design - Christmas in July
  10. Jelly Park - Christmas in July 

Have a great weekend
Hugs Trish Munro

14 comments:

chrissy xx said...

JUst Gorgeous! FABulous colours and I LOve your image...The flower soft looks FAB! I LOve it.
Chrissyxx

ParkNSlide said...

So adorable---the metallic elements make this extra special. Thanks for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge.

sues craft magic said...

Just perfect , love everything about it ....Thanks for joining us at FF challenge , good luck and hope to see you for the next challenge ....Hugs Sue DT xx

Pam said...

Cute card thanks for joing us at The Crazy Challenge. Hugs Pam x

Eileen said...

Awwwwwwww a real cutie. Love these dark papers you are using. Great paper piecing
Eileen x

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

You've made a lovely card Trish! The "fur" effect is awesome! Love all the "shine" too and the colors you've used! Hope your hubby loves it! How sweet to give it to him! Thanks for choosing the Christmas Smoochie Bears.xx Kathy

Bonnie Irvine said...

Cute, cute! Great idea to use the flower soft. The shine of the metallic elements is a great contrast to the fuzzy fur amd polka dots. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a fantastic Christmas card - love the paper peicing x
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Jellypark friends Friday challenges & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this beautiful card the papers and design along with the image look terrific, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelby said...

Another beautiful Christmas card! Love how you've done the paper piecing the texture you've brought to the trim looks wonderful.

Shelby

Brunis Allerlei said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte.

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei kreative Stempelfreunde.

LG Bruni

Wattage said...

How sweet! All they need is a bit of mistletoe - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

Cindy Groh said...

Very cute. I love the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

Unknown said...

OMG this is so cute, love the image and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck xx