Friday, July 20, 2012

Bath Time for Kids

Bathtime is one of my favourite childhood memories and I remember being dried and dressed in front of the heater in winter, that is until all of a sudden… I was too old for that! I used a Dearie Dolls digi called Bath Time . I had fun using some new dies I purchased at the last Craft Fair in Brisbane. I added the waves because when kids and baths get together it always spells… tidal wave…so I added the waves to simulate that for a bit of fun. I also added wiggly eyes to the top of the towel…my kids loved these types of towels!!! Actually one of my kids is a bit old for all that now, he’s 16 and has his Learners Permit to driv and over 6ft tall …. but making this card was like making a memory and I had fun in the process! I made my own flowers so it colour matched exactly to my card. I just bought my first bit of Kraft cardstock and I’m loving it…why didn’t I get more! It’s hard to see but I tucked a tiny bit of lace on the left hand side under the striped paper and this reminds me of my Mum’s bathroom… where she did that folk art about 20 ago and everything had a bit of lace added to it!!!I distressed the edges of my layers to create that fluffy towel feeling.

Children's Bath Time Card 001

bath time 020

Children's Bath Time Card 004

I’d love you to come and Join our Challenge this week at

Card Crafter’s Circle 32nd  Challenge

we want to see your creations for

CHILDREN!

Your creation should be for a child... for any reason or occasion.


We are always excited to have our current sponsor Dearie Dolls!  Although the Dearie Dolls Shop is closed at the  moment, they are still graciously sponsoring our challenges.  The winner will have their choice of three images showcased by our Design Team in this post!  Don't despair.... I urge you to go visit the Dearie Dolls blog  and see what is happening .... it's a blog full of freebies!  And they are gorgeous!  Do  leave some love in your comments when you collect the free images, won't you?

Our Design Team at Card Crafter’s Circle has created some beautiful creations to inspire you! Check it out!

Challenges I am entering:

  1. ABC challenge - T for two (I used two flowers)
  2. Cup cake craftroom-Layers
  3. Oozak-Bright colours
  4. CLP challenge -Sketch-49
  5. Bunny Zoes Crafts -Swirls and lace
  6. Crafty our passion - Kraft paper with Lace/Ribbon
  7. The Squirrel and the Fox -Kids or babies
  8. Fab n Funky challenges -Make your own flowers
  9. Whimsy Inspires-Punches and edgers 
  10. Sarah Hurley -Buttons

Have a great weekend

Hugs

Trish Munro

38 comments:

Doreen said...

This is Gorgeous,love the image and fabulous details.xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

WOW, how beautiful. I love the image, gorgeous colours and so much added detail. The swirls are stunning and so very effective. Happy memories of our younger days.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Victoria said...

Stunning detail! Love the eyes on top of the fun towel!

Louise said...

Super cute card with fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
Louise

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, Trish !! This card is AMAZING!! You have put so many memories into this one card... I hope you frame and save it for your grandkids someday :)

Vicki Fraser said...

Trish this is such a fun card, the tidal wave in the bath was always a favourite of mine, although mum was always a bit annoyed when the water in the bath ended up on the floor! lol

Eileen said...

Really fun image Trish that evokes so many memories. Love your waves and embellies
Eileen x

Jenée said...

This is so darn cute. Very clever of you to put the googlie eyes on the little froggy towel. I remember a towel similar to that amongst my children or grandchildren! The dies are wonderful. You will enjoy having them in your collection. Overall super FAB card!

fatmonica said...

What a fabulous card!I just love those googly eyes!Thanks for sharing it with us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, Trish! You've brought it to life! I love the eyes on the towel hoodie too.... just like the kids wear these days!

Judith said...

Such a cute image and fab layout and details -thanks for playing along at fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so cute! I love the waves at the bottom! Fantastic layering! So happy you joined us for the layers challenge at The Cupcake Craftroom!

scrap joanny said...

this is very cute and funny card - so perfect for us challenge - thanks so much for playing with craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Michelle said...

So lovely and funny. Nice those waves as border.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

Sarah said...

Awww, such a cute card Trish, love the colours and all the details. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Punches and Edgers challenge x

Mary J said...

How fab, love it honey! Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Craftroom honey!

Mary J x

Helen said...

Great card - love that image! A great layout and I love all the details you've added too.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Beebeebabs said...

Soooooo cute cute cute!!!

Shelby said...

Love how you've used a variety of die cuts to make this card awesome! The waves look amazing.

Shelby

Nannieflash said...

Hi Trish that is just gorgeous what a lovely image, and the colour choice is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx

Betty said...

This is so cute and a lovely card. Thank you for following my blog Trish
Bettyxxx

Kim said...

gorgeous card and love the waves/water effect! cute image!
Kim x

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous card! Good luck and thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley!
Emma x

Amanda said...

Wow Stunning Card, love the little eyes, and my gosh the waves are fab!

Hugs Amanda

Jennifer said...

Trish, this card is just swimmingly delightful! I love the waves and how you've coloured this little sweetie, not to mention the fantastic "eyes" on her towel!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

Stef H said...

i would love glitter in my bath! oh wait... i don't take baths. i'm strictly a shower person. but i'll bet my granddaughter would be just as cute as your card!!!

it's absolutely darling!

hugs :)

Unknown said...

Hi Trish it's been awhile!!!! Your card is just adorable!!!!! Love all the die cuts and the image!!!!! Fabulous work again my friend!!!!!

judit said...

Hi Trish, love this card and the story! Those eyes on the towels are fab! Love your flower, too! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

Heidi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Beautiful colours and design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

pinky said...

What a gorgeous card Trish. Love all the sparkle and texture and those waves are amazing. Thanks for becoming one of my followers:)

Ellis said...

Fantastic card, great layout and nice colors! I like the glitter waves! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant card and I know what you mean about the waves! Love the googly eyes x

Julie said...

This is so fun, I love the waves at the bottom of your card! x

Unknown said...

Wow Trish this is super what a fab card well done I love those waves .... Hugs Elaine

Sandy said...

I am so glad I finally have time to visit all the Oozak entries - yours is super!

Sandy, DT

Chelsea said...

Hi Trish, Your card is so fun and so adorable. Thanks for sharing your work with the CLP Sketch challenge.

Hugs,
Chelsea

Stampin'Piper said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces!

Hugs Tanja