My friend Vicki Fraser and I made bookmarks together at her place and we each had our own style. We both started with the same colour base card. I riffled through her stash and found a Kaisercraft designer paper pad she used ages ago on a card, which I absolutely adored and couldn’t wait to get started. I used Vicki’s Tattered Florals Flower Die and her Martha Stewart punch and found some really thin string to finish off with a small not too overpowering bow! I really need a bookmark for myself,… every time I make one it ends up as a gift!
Here is the back of the bookmark , you just slide the corner into the page you are reading.
Challenges I’m entering this bookmark into:
- http://annabellestamps.blogspot.com/2012/01/say-it-withanything-goes.html Anything Goes
- http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-99-spots-stripes.html Spots and Stripes
- http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-130-spots-and-stripes.html Spots and Stripes
- http://www.ibrakeforchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-brake-for-simple.html Clean and Simple
- http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/simon-saysspots-stripes.html Spots/& or Stripes
I decided to grab a book from the bookshelf to photograph my bookmark and decided to show you a Australian House and Garden magazine. My husband Mark Munro used to custom build furniture, kitchens, shop fittings and shutters. Here is some of Mark’s work, our business used to be called Munro Originals . Mark built the table, chairs and in the Bedrooms you can just see the shutters. The owner of this house is an artist.
After working for the client he was inspired to paint this for our Lounge Room and it was not long after we had visited Santa Fe,New Mexico,USA and it’s a wonderful reminder of our pre children holiday!!! We spent our time in Santa Fe exploring all the Interior Decorators and Custom Furniture manufacturers in the area and they were happy to show us everything they did which was fantastic. We stayed at La Fonda which was an amazing experience. I love Adobe style housing.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day